Monday, May 2, 2016

Comfy Shoes for Pregnant Women

During my first and second trimester, I've been able to wear most of my shoes, preferably the low or flat-heeled comfy ones. 

However, as I entered my third trimester, I feel a lot heavier and thus my footwear choices are becoming limited. 

Here are my current dependable ones:

1. SLIP-ON SNEAKERS - Easy to wear, comfortable, and low-heeled. But, not all slip-on sneakers are reliable. Some are heavy weight, and have hard sole and thick heels. Better look for light ones with flexible heels. Personally, I like the following:
a. Roxy Minnow
b. Lacoste Maurice
c. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Janis
d. Vans Asher


2. LOAFERS - Comfortable, easy to wear, low-heeled, and has a variety of choices and colors for more serious occasion to casual getaways. Here are some brands to consider, tested for comfort: Crocs, Naturalizer, Cole Hann.

Although, I find my MK and Coach loafers comfy, too. I think most loafers with soft leather and flexible soles are comfortable enough. I find Sperry's a bit tight during this time. But, if you have narrow feet, they might work for you.

3. SANDALS - Breathable, easy to wear, perfect for warm weather, no socks required. I personally prefer those with wider footbed since the feet tend to swell during pregnancy. Also, slides and no-buckle slingbacks are prefered, too. It is not easy to bend down and adjust buckles when you get in and out of your sandals. Here are some brands to consider:
a. Aerosoles 
b. Fitflop
c. Crocs
d. Birkenstock

4.RUBBER SHOES/ SNEAKERS - There are days when I want my feet covered and secured, and rubbershoes and sneakers are my go-to shoes. My only  struggle are the laces. Bending down and tying them up is not that easy. As a remedy, I bought some non-tie, stretchable laces for my sneakers. For my rubber shoes, I just knot them on each side so I can slip in and out of them easily. 

I like my Adidas Adipure and Nike Kaishi. They are both lightweight, breathable, and roomy enough for me. 

For my sneakers, my Converse and Vans are comfortable enough. During this time I find Keds too tight, and Superga a bit heavy. 



2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! drug rehab for pregnant mothers near me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Also read my review , Comfy Shoes

    ReplyDelete